Looks like I returned to blogging just in time! Today I received a message from my friend April from The A Team letting me know that she nominated me for the Liebster Award!
Liebster can be defined as any of the following:
Sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, king, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. Doesn’t that sound nice?
This award is passed from blogger to blogger. It is used to encourage newer bloggers with less than 200 followers. It’s a way to showcase your blog and discover new ones in the process!
There are 11 questions that the person who nominates you creates for you to answer. This is to help readers to get to know you better, so here goes:
1. Cash, Debit, or Credit Card?
2. Lady Gaga or Katy Perry?
3. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging 12 years ago when I was pregnant with my first child. We lived in Winnipeg and our families lived in Calgary, so we blogged our news so everyone could keep up with what was going on with us.
4. What do you think of this new Chevron Fad?
I don’t know what the Chevron Fad is. LOL
5. How many children do you have?
I am blessed to have four children.
6. Celine Dion or Sarah McLachlan?
I can’t say I like one better than the other; I like them about the same.
7. ER or Grey’s Anatomy?
I haven’t seen a full episode of either!
8. Are you where you thought you would be in your life 10 years ago? (are you where you are career-wise, having kids, travelling, etc)
No! Our plan was that Jon would be settled into his career and I would be heading back to school for a 4-year university degree. What is really happening is Jon is working on his third career and studying to be an accountant; and I am working on my 12th year of being a stay-at-home mom, and taking care of extra kids for some extra cash to help pay the bills. I can’t complain though; I’d be a stay-at-home mom forever if I could. I just wish the job came with a little higher income. I feel like we are kind of stuck in a rut.
9. What was your life like 10 years ago?
10 years ago was 2003. Jon had just finished his one-year contract working as a music pastor for a sweet little church, and our life was shattered by the news that they would not be renewing his contract due to people threatening to pull their financial support if they kept him on. Life was perfect until that moment. Daniel was just over one year old and I was 8 months pregnant with Josh. We lived in a beautiful home (with heating problems) on a huge treed lot in southwest Winnipeg. I seriously loved my life.
Wow, it seems like this was just yesterday, but at the same time it feels like another lifetime, and thinking of it makes me miss it so much.
10. What month did you get married in?
January in Calgary. I believe it was 3 degrees Celsius. A beautiful winter day.
11. Are you a glass half-full or half empty gal?
Glass half full, but I try to keep it to myself. LOL
The following are guidelines for this award:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions that are posted by your nominator.
3. Choose 11 bloggers (who have less than 200 followers) that you would like to nominate for the award.
4. Create your own 11 questions for your nominees to answer (I posted the questions bellow).
5. Go onto their blogs to let them know of the great news of their nomination!
I cannot think of 11 blogs that I follow regularly, so with love, I am nominating the following eight:
The A Team (I know you already did this, but I just want to read your answers anyway)
The Pleasant Poppy
Simply Happy Mama
room for one more?
Barefoot with Kids
My questions for you:
1. What is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
2. Have you brightened someone’s day with a kind word today? What did you say?
3. Describe your most beloved memory.
4. If you could be king or queen for a day, how would you change your country?
5. Do you prefer sweet or salty things?
6. It’s a lovely day and you have no responsibilities. What do you do?
7. What is your most valued treasure? Why is it important to you?
8. Cute and cozy condo or spacious country house?
9. What makes you feel welcome when you enter someone else’s home?
10. Do you have any hobbies that you could pleasantly spend a day doing?
11. Who do you hold dearest?
I’m looking forward to reading your answers!